The Krabi Sea



I got up very early at around 6:30am to get ready for my flight. I went out to the street to catch a bus to the airport. I did the sign language thing to communicate whether or not I was standing in the right place for the airport. I gave myself plenty of time because I was forewarned that the Thai bus function like the Indian ones, not on time. I got onto #552 bus and it only costs me 35 BHT but it took 1:40 minutes to get to the airport on a local bus. I was a good thing I got onto the bus early because no one told me that it took almost two hours to get to the terminal. Because after getting off the local bus, I had to take an inner airport bus shuttle to take me to the counter and then I got to go to the gate and take another shuttle to walk onto the domestic plane. I made it to the gate 30 seconds before boarding call. Thai boarding periods are short. You’re late the gate’s closed.

I like Thai stewards, they are all gentle and nice. On Air Asia, all drinks, and food are for sale. At the airport my driver picked me up from the airport. She was nice and she had pre-purchased my ferry ticket already. She told me the ferry left at 3pm in the afternoon. So I had three hours to kill. I spent it in shopping and on local Buddhist vegetarian food. She took me on her scooter without helmets to pick up snorkel gear etc… I asked about where my helmet was while she was putting hers on without buckling, she told me that the police does not ticket her when the passanger is without helmet so I needn't to worry. I was wasn't worried about the police but more on my brains. But I guess that was lost in translation.

I couldn’t believe how there was Buddhist vegetarian food near by. It was delicious too. I love minced sauté lemon grass. I bought 12 bottles of water because she said water is very expense on the island and so was everything else.

When I arrived at the station I learned the ferry wasn’t leaving till 4pm so I had more time to kill. I sat with 4 British guys. One of them had reservations at Twin Palms on a beach for 500 BHT a night with a personal single bed hut. I decided then and there to follow him after docking to see what the availabilities were.

All the British guys shared their stories of picking up and being picked up by prostitutes who were organically female and “boy girls”. One of them even got tangled up with organized business gang members and he had to run for his life out the back door.

On the day of King’s birthday, there is national celebration and everyone wears yellow, the same bright yellow polo shirt. There is no alcohol served on his birthday anywhere even in bars. There was a full moon party in Ko Samui which every westerner raved about on the King’s birthday.

I sat next to a Thai girl who was heading to Ko Phi Phi to work for a month and her housing was 300 BHT a month. I guess that is Thai resident rate. I also sat next to a man from Netherlands who enjoys photography. He gave me tips on where to snorkel to see sharks and turtles etc…. The nice Thai girl gave me sun flower seeds to snack on, it was make in China. I recognized the packaging it was everywhere in China.

On the ride, the clouds looked interesting. It was clear that there was rain on the island of Ko Pho Phi. Tropical rains in the winter are just a few minutes long. Looking into the clouds I saw a face in the clouds. It was masculine energy. It told me to be careful swimming in the water the next few days because of the wind that would slowly be picking up more speed each day and be ware of underwater powerful difficult to detect currents. That it will take 2-3 days for the weather to change. There were two more I saw and they were interesting to watch. I watched how they watched to make sure not even a micro organism would be harmed during the rain and storm out in the open sea.

It was then I felt, nothing is truly an accident. Everyone gets what they deserve. There is no one to resent. We only have our own bad karmic retribution to blame. There is so much kindness, and everyone is handled with so much care.