Ex-Communicated


Juno wanted to go to a Tibetan Monastery outside of town, Souymbu. I sat quietly and recited all the way on the bus. i felt something was going and I didn't want to be pulled by them. There were many steps to climb before reaching to the gates of the monastery. I was climbing with them at their pace until Anuja came across her friends and she only introduced Juno and left me out and gave me the silent treatment. In fact they both did. It was weird. So I decided to walk in my own pace which was quicker than both of them. I have been hiking the mountains of China 8 to 10 hours a day. I have built strength. I wanted to separate from whatever was going on with them because I don't want to become that. I was pretty upset at this.

Juno was not in shape to do this and she trailed far behind. At one point, someone out of no where demanded to collect money from her because she was a tourist. I passed as Nepalese and I smiled back and kept silent when I passed by the same extortion person. This person was just extorting money from every tourist. He was not an official collector. There was no fee actually but none of the tourist knew. They just handed money over when asked. Juno didn't pay she argued back.

Well the very weird the ex-communication continued through out the day. Finally her friends introduced themselves to me at the end of the day. We all went out for Pizza and some how Juno got me to split the bill with her. It was her idea, it was her thank you to Anjua. It ended up being expensive. I have no idea why it was like this and why she was demanding this from me. She's showing herself as a gracious giver and yet behind closed doors she was fighting pennies with me. It's just odd. I just went along with it because I didnt' want to fight and catch her disease. My body ached from all of this and it took me awhile to clear all of this out of my system.

We went to the internet cafe together. I was put off by the events of the day and really wanted time alone. Juno left quite early. I spent 2 hours and it costed me 50 cents.