Snorkel on Ko Phi Phi





Woke up this early this morning but I didn’t want to get up till 6:30am. By then, it was already too late and too bright for doing my tai chi set on the beach. I would have to do it another day at 5am. It was a clear day to snorkel but I was ill prepared. I had not fully unpacked so I ended up rushing to get myself ready to head out to the boats before take off. I could not locate the place with 450 BHT day trip and ended up paying 500 BHT.

I ended up with a boat with mostly girls from Canada and Finland. My mask, was one of the things I was worried about. Was it going to work? I didn’t want to rent because I want a new one that was hopefully not going to leak. Lots of people have this problem with rental gear. Mine was from Team USA made in Taiwan. It was great and so were the fins.

The water was warm and clear. I had a great time looking at sea creatures. I especially like looking at corals. I saw big squids and sea snakes too. There were colorful big clams, the kind in Botticelli paintings. It was interesting to see the communities surrounding the corals. I had a blast looking at colors and patterns of nature. I really had fun with the girls and had a great time. They even helped me scout out things to see that I would otherwise have missed it.

I keep coming across a broken record on replay in my head trying to make me feel sorry for myself and to be upset and negative etc… Who’s playing that in my head? Shut Up! I am having so much fun, and it ain’t working.