Old Wood Carvings




I was invited by Anar to go with her on her errands but I was also invited by Suraj and Anuja to Durba Ma, New Road, and Themel. I wanted to go into town and try to venture on my own so I ended up choosing to team up with the siblings. I enjoy their company.

We went to an area where there were lots of tourist agencies. Anuja has an uncle who is a manager at Royal Nepal Airlines and she was hoping to get a job at the agency. I went to check out prices and options for going to India incase I decide to go. I was also reconmended to go to Pokara to check out the Annanpurna view of the Himalayian Mountain Ridges.

Afterwards we went to Themel to do the tourist shopping. I was given the tourist price on everything and I didn't buy anything. We walked by the Royal Palace and I didn't think much of it. I really came to Nepal in a good time. The civil unrest all over the county had been going on for years with the Maos until mid November. I checked out where I could of end up staying if I had not been taken in by Juno's host family.

New Road area had lots of old buildings with beautiful wood carvings. This area is where the locals go for tailering and vegetable market. I saw beautiful King Oyster mushrooms and all sorts of other mushrooms that I liked. I miss my own cooking. I love to work with small farm grown produce. They are usually beautiful and delicious. It's just so much better than Safeway and even Berkeley Bowl. It was just like when I was in Italy and there were people on the street with a basket selling only amazinly beautiful fresh giant size Procinis for cheap. And Italian tomatos are delicious and sweet, it's why pasta tasts better in Italy with just plain tomato sauce.