Living Goddess of the Shakya Clan




They took me to visit an old building with old wooden carvings and stone carving for decore. This place had an inner quad and the building was two stories. I was told there was a living goddess inside. She is only out in public during holiday celebration. She was born in India and moved or shipped or transported to Nepal like when she was three. She is still a child now. She has one adult attendent. All day long she stays within the confinds of these walls. She's not allowed to even peak out the windows. I felt sorry for her. They couldn't explain to me why she was crowned the living goddess other than this is what was said. Her family placed her here to be worshiped by everyone. She is from the Shakya clan of India. I bet she would enjoy dolls, games, and just friends. Her picture is everywhere in Kathmandu. The siblings got me a post card of her, but really, I don't know what to do with it. They also got me a Nepalese flag and I don't know what to do with it either.