Friendly Coffees


The French man on my top bunk complained about the one thing he despised in China, being approached by female prostitute 9am in the morning who wants to be his friend and talk it over coffee. In fact right before my eyes I saw a few of this happening on the street. The women all looked like common locals. They are young and they scout out single male alone, approaches them speaking English, very friendly and keeps talking and walking side by side with them. What gives it away is their scouting, their hunt and their over forward friendliness for a local Chinese girl. This French man and I had a fun show and tell of the souvenirs and fits we got. He has a seven year old daughter and he lives for her.

I took my time and didn't roll out of the door till 12pm. It was too late for my Shanghai wontons. I headed out to Jujubee Tree restaurant vegetarian restaurant. This one has Taiwanese flavor and I had a blast in checking out the picture menu. I sat in a table of collective single customers. I watch them eat a nice lunch box special for 16.5 yuan. It had a seaweed vegetable soup, rice, gluten tofu stew, fruits, fresh vegetables, cooked nuts, mushrooms bamboo stew. It was all very colorful, healthy and more than plenty to eat.

Afterwards I walked in HuaiHuaLu and discovered it was full of department stores. I just looked around. The hottest happening place was a pastry store that sold roasted chest nut. The line was long and it wrapped around the building outside.