Morning Tea Delivery





It was cold sleeping on the floor but it was nice staying in a house. I have only been sleeping in transient places for the past three months so this was a nice change. Juno got up early to get ready for her day trip which is 45 minutes out of town to do a breakfast meeting with an American Ningma Nun who is in her 50's. This friend nun is going to do a pilgrimage to India and Juno is meeting to find out why she was not selected to be a part of the tour group this time. Juno has been feeling shocked and disturbed by this and is also depressed over it. I on the other hand wanted to get more rest but I was also very awake after the alarm went off and all her packing. Still I stayed in bed for another hour.

Anar came and knocked on my door to wake me up at 7:30am, for what I didn't know. I decided to stay in the room to meditate and get more rest. Then Anuja knocked on my door to deliver hot tea to me at 8am. During tea in my room I chatted with Paros and Anar for half an hour. Paros was happy to be my tour guide for the morning.

Paros took me to a nearby old Hindu temple. The streets were dirty and the air was smoky. The fried pastries sold were fried in dark hot oil pots. The streets smelled of an assortment of human waste, animal waste, trash, to floral fragrances and spices. I came across a street full of vendors selling items for offerings from colorful flowers to powders, etc... There were sick cows on the road and the dogs weren't looking much better either. This was a crowded part of the town.