Reservation For a Friend, Reserved by a Friend


I woke up again at 6:30am too late for morning tai chi. Instead I sat on the beach and did my morning chants and meditated. Then I went back to bed to sleep for another hour. During breakfast on the beach, I got blessed by a bird in the tree above with its droppings to show for on my left shoulder. I looked above at it and it turned it’s head away like, “Who me? No! Never!” I kept staring at it and finally flew away. I moved to the other side and it flew back. IT decided to bless my table this time. But it wasn’t lumpy, it was wet and watery so it spat hard and went far with it too. I had to finally call quits and leave for good.

After meditating a bit I went swimming off the beach and saw shrimps. The water was murky today with more frequent winds picking up the sands. I swam as far off the beach as I was comfortable with and then turned around when vision was at zero in the water.

In the evening I went and researched the boasts to Railay that it leaves everyday at around 3pm and it costs around 350 to 390 BHT. I went to call on my reservation in Railay at Yaya resort but they didn’t have anything under my name. They just have a reservation under “a friend reserved for a friend”. I kept telling the reservation that person is me and the person refused and said it wasn’t my reservation. Only later did I register how upset I was over this whole confusion ordeal. Then I asked myself why I was bothered by it. Anything is changeable, I am happy here and I can just stay here longer and that would be alright.