Korean Christian Ministry in Chitwan National Park

I came across two Korean Christian Ministry volunteer workers at the shop. They told me about their group of young adults who volunteered a week in Nepal at an orphanage in Chitwan National Park. Their ministry trip included the volunteer work for 5 days, a safari at the park, then a trekking expedition from Pokhara to Annapurna to see the Himalyan Peaks. They gave me the card of contact if I wanted to go and volunteer their. Chitwan National Park charged western tourist price for the entrance fee and everything else. It's quite the safari of the east there. They invited me to gather at their hotel to meet with their group and chat some more.

I met the gourp at Blue Heaven Hotel and there were 30 young koreans gathered there. Everyone had heard about me by then. They were very delighted to meet me. I me with their group leader Joseph who is also very young and he told me about volunteering in Kolcatta, India at the Mother Theresa House. He gave me instructions on which train station to take and where to get off and what street to go to for the tourist volunteer housing. It was all very exciting to me.

The group was heading to a private dinner party set up for them by their tour group. When we arrived at the doors of the restaurant the group was nice to ask me if I had eaten. I don't think they were going to include me if I could avoid it because everything we set up and paid in a package already. I don't my vegetarian diet would fly well with their pre-arranged nonvegetarian meals. Anyways, it was nice to think of me and be considerate.

I walked around the street that is set up like a fair for this week that proceeds the new years. It's a big deal. For me it wasn't that festive or interesting. I decided to head back to my room and do artwork instead.